Lego courtesy of Hoth
As a result of a grant from a philanthrophic trust, the Joe White Bequest, the Conference Organising Committee is pleased to offer several scholarships for support to attend the ACAL conference being held in Melbourne from the 12th to 14th of September 2018.
Each scholarship will include one registration and, if necessary, travel costs, accommodation and meals up to $800 in value. The registration may cover the two days of the conference plus the pre-conference event at the Library at the Dock, and the ‘chat and chill’ social event on the Thursday afternoon.
Note: Committee members from ACAL and VALBEC are not eligible for scholarships. Delegates already registered are not eligible to apply.
Partial applications are welcome – please specify what you need if applying for less than the full scholarship.
Applicants for the scholarship must
- Reside in Victoria (This a requirement of the funding body)
- Provide a short rationale for your suitability to receive the scholarship
- Outline what you hope you will gain from the conference,
- How you will benefit from the financial support.
If more applications are received than can be supported, the following criteria will be used to rank applications:
- Evidence of financial support needed, such as employment conditions or change in circumstances
- Contribution to teaching / learning in the field of adult literacy, numeracy, EAL provision
- Your ability to maximize benefits of receiving the scholarship.
Applications must be received by close of business Thursday 9th August 2018.
How to Apply
Complete the application form providing as much information as possible in all the fields.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Wednesday 15th August.
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
VALBEC would like to acknowledge and thank the Joe White Bequest for making this ACAL Conference Scholarship available to adult LLN educators in Victoria.