ACAL will provide some options with conference rates.
Visit Victoria – the state tourism body – has extensive listings.
You can also use common booking services such as
High and low numbers
If you’re choosing a hotel and you want one close to the Convention Centre, then avoid low street numbers. (What!?#)
Central Melbourne is based on the famous ‘Hoddle Grid’ and the highest street numbers for the main thoroughfares and minor streets are closest to the venue.
So a hotel at 25 Collins Street might be attractive but it’s at the opposite end of the city to the Conference Centre – 623 Collins street would be much closer.
However …. there’s the Free Tram Zone that can rescue you from a walk (but the walk would be healthier and quite pleasant)! The Free Tram Zone takes you close to both the Convention Centre and The Library at the Dock.
We’ve contacted the following hotels asking to set up conference discount packages. We’ll update this list as they respond. In the meantime you could Google them. All are close to the conference venue.
- Punthill Northbank, 560 Flinders Street Melbourne VIC
- Melbourne Short Stay Apartments – Southbank Collection 187 City Road Southbank and MP 241 City Rd, Southbank VIC have responded!
- Novotel Melbourne South Wharf 7 Convention Centre Place South Wharf VIC
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne 328 Flinders Street Melbourne VIC
- Aria Favourite Southbank 285 City Road Southbank VIC
- Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank Corner of Southgate Ave & Riverside Quay Southbank VIC
- Quest Southbank 12-16 Kavanagh Street, Southbank
- Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders 575 Flinders Lane
- Great Southern Hotel Melbourne (3 star) 44 Spencer Street Melbourne VIC
On their website, select the location and dates, you’ll be taken to a booking page. To the right of the selected dates it states ‘promo code’. Click this and a promo code field appears. Enter ‘ACAL2018’ then click apply for the discounted rates.