Australia’s VET system supports the skilled workforce that drives our economy A strong VET sector is crucial for ensuring Australia has a highly skilled workforce and businesses have the skilled workers they need.
Recognising the importance of a high quality VET system that works for everyone, Australian governments (both at the national and state and territory level) have agreed to immediately progress reforms in the following key areas:
- Strengthening the role of industry and employers
- Improving VET qualifications
- Raising the quality of training
These reforms are the next step in improving the VET system, continuing the work undertaken through reviews and consultations over the past 18 months.
New engagement hub
The new engagement hub for these Skills Reform activities has now been launched. For more information please visit skillsreform.gov.au.
Skillsreform.gov.au will provide information and consultation opportunities for the three reform areas and is a central location to stay informed, be engaged and provide feedback throughout the consultation process.
Consultations will primarily occur through skillsreform.gov.au via discussion papers, surveys and online workshops. Feedback provided will be considered by Skills Ministers and inform decisions on future arrangements.
- The first discussion paper on industry engagement and qualification reform is live now for you to consider and submit responses through the online submission form.
- A pulse survey on qualification reform is live, seeking your views on qualification design elements and objectives
- Two papers and initial surveys on quality reform are also published on the engagement hub.
This represents just the beginning of the consultation process. Further consultation activities, and supporting information as appropriate, will be released as we progress with consultations into 2021.
Stay updated and find out about new opportunities to have your say by registering at skillsreform.gov.au.