As a member of ACAL you contribute to the wider issues of Adult literacy in Australia with the opportunity to influence policy makers and improve the adult literacy field.
The committee have seats on a number of key bodies where ACAL advocates for adult literacy numeracy learners and workers, including:
- The Education Industry Reference Committee
- The Reading Writing Hotline Steering committee
- Adult Learning Australia.
Here’s some of the other benefits of membership to ACAL:
- Our electronic newsletter ACAL eNews
- Special rates for forums and conferences.
- Access to information regarding current practices in all states and territories throughout Australia.
- Representation on committees.
- Information relating to latest policies on adult literacy and numeracy.
- Links to a wide range of professional bodies.
- Assurance that grass roots ideas are presented to policy makers.
- A voice in government lobbying.
- Student or concession fee for those financially impacted by COVID $60
- Individuals $75
- Organisations with 10 or fewer staff $170
- Organisations with more than 10 staff $270
Pro rata fees
Joining part way through the year?
Pro rata rates apply
- Join January to March – full fee applies
- Join April to June pay 75% (Students $40; Individuals $56.25; Organisations (10 or fewer) $127.50; Organisations (more than 10) $202.50
- Join July to September pay 50% (Students $30.00; Individuals $37.5; Organisations (10 or fewer $85); Organisations (more than 10) $135
- Join October to December, pay the full fee, and renew in January 2 years later.