ACAL Annual General Meeting and webinar
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2.30 pm AEDT
Annual General Meeting
Australian Council for Adult Literacy will be held on
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 commencing at 2.30pm AEDT by webinar.
Note Daylight saving will be in operation. Check local times
Closer to the meeting a link to the webinar will be displayed on the ACAL website.
- Confirm the minutes of the previous AGM held on October 18, 2017 by webinar
- Receive and adopt an annual report from the Executive
- Receive and adopt the audited accounts of ACAL
- Elect new officers and Executive Committee for 2018-19 (see below)
- Announce state and territory representatives
- Appoint the auditor. Penny Carroll, Outer Eastern Bookkeeping
- Close meeting
The meeting is to elect the following
- Vice President (to be based in a state or territory different from that of the President)
- Honorary Secretary
- Honorary Treasurer
Nomination forms must be received by ACAL at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon ADST on October 17, 2018
Position descriptions are available on the ACAL website here
Voting and nomination is available to financial ACAL members.
As this is an online meeting, if a vote is required it will be initially conducted by voice. In the event of a count it may be conducted online or people will be asked to provide their name and how they vote.
Rosie Martin is a criminologist and clinical speech pathologist with expertise in the assessment of complex disorders of literacy acquisition and their treatment. She is also a facilitator of personal courage development and non-violent communication with the Centre for Courage & Renewal.
In this short presentation Rosie will talk about relational trust, the four essential elements that lead to relational trust, and applying these principles when teaching adults to read and write.
Not able to make it?
We plan to record the presentation and will provide the link in the next newsletter!